- What is it about?
The training course “PM for Practitioners” is the ideal, practical introduction to project management for junior project managers. The combination of self-paced learning on Internet followed by a 2-day intensive Workshop allows you to acquire the basics of project management in a highly effective and pleasant way and gives you the possibility to run a project simulation.
- Extensive and highly interactive training
- Very practical: learning with the project simulation SimulTrain
- Exchange with project managers from different industries
- Experienced trainers
- Who should attend
This training program addresses project managers, project team members, executives and all persons who will have to lead, or play an important role in a project in the near future.
- Learning objectives
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- successfully initiate, plan, monitor and close projects;
- handle crucial elements like scope, resources, schedule, cost and quality;
- use practical skills in leading project teams;
- apply best practices to manage risks, variances and scope changes throughout the project;
- manage the stakeholder expectations and interests;
- improve their decision-making and leadership skills as a project manager.
- Project initiation and organization
- Scope definition and development of the concept
- Planning of activities and resources
- Risk analysis, monitoring and control
- Estimations, budget and cost control
- Quality planning and control
- Performance control and change management
- Training and team building, communication
- Project closing, lessons learned
- How does it work
The training includes the following components:
- Previously to the workshop, the learners acquire the knowledge, the basic tools, techniques and procedures (e-learning) in a self-study phase of 4 to 6 weeks.
- At the two-day workshop, the course participants learn how to apply the knowledge to real situations in an interactive way and with the project simulator "SimulTrain". An experienced trainer summarizes the key aspects of a topic and the participants learn, review, and discuss the transfer into practice.
German, French, English
12 hours self-paced learning and 2 days of face-to-face training
26 PDUs or contact hours / suited for IPMA preparation
- 21-22 September 2017
- 30 November and 01 December 2017