- What is it about?
The e-learning course “PM Team Leader” introduces to the soft skills that a project managers needs to lead a project team successfully. It gives a good understanding of self-management and team leadership.
With the help of video examples, the participants need to evaluate particular situations and to take the decisions. The reactions to the taken decisions immediately show if the counterparts are pleased or not.
- Hands-on course with a lot of video examples and exercises;
- Short theory – extended instruction how to apply it in practice;
- Comprehensive, illustrative and in-depth;
- Ideal for the acquiring the behavioral competences of the IPMA Competence Baseline.
- Target groups
- People who have to manage a project or a team;
- Project manager who have to run complex projects with a variety of stakeholders involved;
- Subject matter specialist who are looking for an introduction to the soft skills needed in project management;
- Project managers who want to prepare for certification.
Sound basic knowledge in project management
- Learning objectives
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- apply a sound knowledge of team management, chairing meetings, negotiation, and conflict management;
- be confronted with difficult situations during project planning and executions;
- to find solutions to problems that arise within project teams or with other project stakeholders.
The e-learning course comprises the following topics:
- setting up and leading a team, teamwork and performance
- launching a virtual team, appropriate rules and tools for leading and supervising a team
- preparing and managing meetings
- organization and time management, definition and follow-up of priorities
- conflict solving
- negotiation basics and principles (preparation, techniques, solution)
- communication and relationships
- How does it work
The learner acquires – on an individual basis – the competences with the help of theoretical introductions, instructions how to apply the concepts, examples, as well as checklists.
Emphasis is given to the application of knowledge with the help of exercises and video examples which forces the learns to to apply the theory in concrete situations.
The learners are not alone; they are accompanied by an experience distant coach who responds to questions, motivates, and checks the progress. (optional)
English, French, German, Dutch
Permanent internet access
Latest version of internet browsers and multimedia plug-ins
12 hours (equal to 12 PDU or contact hours)