- What is it about?
PM SkillTest is an online assessment tool which evaluates primarily the skills of project managers. It consists of 50 problems and difficult situations typically encountered during the daily project work.
The participants are asked to sort out the four possible answers, starting with the “best” solution and, hence, demonstrate their abilities to find adequate solutions for each situation.
PM SkillTest is an ideal tool to evaluate not only the knowledge, but also the competences and soft skills of project managers.
- Standardized and proven test format
- Reflecting best practices of project management
- Short, but still significant test
- To be use before or after a training or for individual assessment
- Target groups
- Experienced project managers those who would like to evaluate their managerial and leadership qualities;
- Project managers that would like to learn the strengths and weaknesses in their softs skills;
- Companies that would like to evaluate the managerial and leadership qualities of project managers for training or other purposes.
Solid knowledge and experiences in project management
- Learning objectives
At the end of the PM SkillTest, the participants
- have proven their managerial and leadership competences in project management.
The PM SkillTest evaluates a project manager’s ability in terms of two aspects: Project Management Skills as well as Management and Leadership Skills.
Project Management Management and Leadership Initiating a project Communicating Planning a project Leading Executing a project Managing Monitoring a project Cognitive ability Closing a project Effectiveness Professionalism
- How does it work
The participant has to answer 50 situational questions. For each situation, four options (i.e. four different ways of solving the problem) are suggested. The aim is to assess the pertinence of each option and sort them in order of preference.
The test is based on the competencies required to be a project manager – not only in the execution phase of a project, but also in the initiation, planning and closing phases. Besides technical know-how, the test will also measure the soft skills needed to be a project manager.
One popular approach is to use PM SkillTest to assess the skills of project managers before and after training. This way, you can measure the progress of the participants as well as the usefulness of the training.
English, French, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese
Permanent internet access
Latest version of internet browsers and multimedia plug-ins
50 questions in 90 minutes